Upskilling, Reskilling and Competence Increase Through CBAT and Skill Gap Evaluation
The core purpose of competency-based learning is to test and build the learner’s knowledge base, skill set, and capabilities. The competency based assessment tools have become the software tool of choice to enhance performance. CBAT is an electronic form modeled to facilitate the core competencies in the learner that are required for the best performance on the professional front.
It assesses the learner’s competence level and informs them about their deficiencies or areas where they lack basic understanding. The specially-built software highlights the weaknesses and identifies the gaps in competencies through skill gap assessment.
Several top-level organizations and high-performing businesses all over the world are employing the CBAT method as an indispensable means to manage the development of performance and competencies. Some of the world’s best companies, like American Express, Google, Apple, Nike, etc., are always on the lookout for high-quality talent and are therefore immensely vigilant about keeping their competency and performance levels updated and streamlined.
What Is Skill Gap Analysis?
A skills-gap analysis is modeled for HR and is used to compare the existing skill sets of employees in a company to that which is necessary to perform a specific job role in a better way.
The gaps are then identified and steps are taken to bridge them through planning, additional training, up-skilling, and re-skilling of employees. This skill-profiling of organizations, HR Tech, and individuals is the first and most important step to undertake. A SAAS software tool service is employed to maximize skills.
A skill gap analysis helps you to address issues like missing deadlines, lagging projects, and failure in meeting business goals. It should be an ongoing process to improve competitiveness, allocate effective learning resources and design a comprehensive talent and recruitment strategy.
The Essential of CBAT:
- Usually, a software competency based assessment tool will define competencies at different levels, from novice to expert. If you go for an advanced tool, you might also get role-based competency templates for further upskilling or re-skilling.
- The competency based assessment tool must be supported by online assessment.
- 360-degree feedback: A friendly online interface will support contributions from more than one person in the process of assessment. This pivotal step is termed “multi-rater assessment.”
- For a competency assessment to be effective, the software must have a feature for reporting. Otherwise, simply assessing will not do any real work. Reporting will nudge the learner to come up with an action plan to enhance his skill-set and hence achieve the desired competency levels.
- A superior quality tool will furnish learning suggestions through relevant links to the learner according to their competency level.
- Group analysis is critical in determining the common strengths inside a group and identifying common skill gaps.
- Over time, the CBAT should result in a significant increase in the learner’s levels of competencies and a reduction in skill gaps.
- There must be flexible and dynamic assessment learning cycles to make relevant and timely adjustments as and when needed.
It is always advantageous for organizations to assess competencies on a routine basis using certain tools and technologies. Organizations and businesses always have their own assessment criteria and tools like questionnaires, case studies, interviews, assessment centers, tests, etc.
A sophisticated software assessment tool will not only assess your existing competencies but will also offer you a whole range of other necessary competencies that you did not know about till now.